Sunday, August 3, 2008

Future plans

So here's the general plan for the boat:
  • Instead of an I/O, we'll be powering this boat with an outboard (or two). That frees up around 9 square feet of deckspace where the engine cover used to sit. There are a number of examples out on the web of people successfully refitting this boat with outboards. Ideally we'd get a couple of new outboards, but that probably won't fit my budget. Instead, we'll probably be looking at used four strokes. The jury is still out on whether it'll be one or two outboards. Two would obviously be 'cool', but with all the added weight and additional fuel costs, I'm not sure that's the smart thing to do. Looking at the Yamaha and Suzuki sites, you really only gain about 10mph by adding another engine. Here's an example of a nicely integrated swimstep and dual outboard mount:
  • Instead of a bimini top or a hard top, we're planning on having a custom soft top made. I found this custom-made example a couple of years ago and have drooled over it ever since. I also really like the rub rail on this boat.
  • Something like this kitchenette:
  • Something like this Seaswirl removable rear seat. Although, I also really like Grady White's design for their fold down rear seat.

1 comment:

wab said...

Your going to have a nice boat when your done. I am also building a 1970 formula 233. You can see my project at www.myclassicformula.blogspot.com

Keep in touch.

Wade